This warm and comforting dessert is tasty way to round out your Thanksgiving menu. Your family and friends are sure to enjoy this classic holiday treat!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 eggs
- 6 cups bread cubes
- ½ cup currants
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 16 pecan halves
Cream or ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 10×13 in. springform pan.
- Mix all ingredients except bread cubes, currants and pecans in large bowl until well blended.
- Stir in bread cubes, currants, and chopped pecans. Let mixture stand 10 minutes; spoon into springform pan. Arrange pecan halves on top of pudding.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes; remove side of pan.
- Serve warm with cream. Refrigerate any remaining pudding.